I used to buy the ready-made pizza bases OR use wholewheat pita breads for a base until I discovered Sandra's pizza recipe.
This is so easy - it's the 3rd time I've made them. And I'm typing the ingredients by memory!
1 pkt yeast
2 1/4 cups flour
1 cup lukewarm water
1 tbsp honey (I don't have honey so I use sugar)
1 tbsp oil (I use extra virgin - anything will do) - I see Sandra uses 2 tbsp
- Mix the dry ingredients and then add the liquids.
- Cover with a cloth and leave in a warm spot to rise to double its volume (I put my bowl in the laundry, on top of the tumble drier while it's drying the laundry).
- Roll out on a floured surface
- Add some pasta sauce (I use All Joy- 99% fat-free :-)) and lots of garlic and smear
- Add your choice of toppings
6. Bake at about 220 degrees for about 15 minutes
This weekend I made focaccia too.
I brushed the dough with extra virgin olive oil, smeared with garlic and added some coarse salt. And it tastes delicious! I might just put Mimmo's out of business :)