Pages

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

In the kitchen - Sandra's pizza

Making pizza is one of my favourite things to do - I think it's because it feels like chemistry. A little bit of this and a little bit of that :-)


I used to buy the ready-made pizza bases OR use wholewheat pita breads for a base until I discovered Sandra's pizza recipe.


This is so easy - it's the 3rd time I've made them. And I'm typing the ingredients by memory!


Ingredients
1 pkt yeast
2 1/4 cups flour
1 cup lukewarm water
1 tbsp honey (I don't have honey so I use sugar)
1 tbsp oil (I use extra virgin - anything will do) - I see Sandra uses 2 tbsp




  1. Mix the dry ingredients and then add the liquids.
  2. Cover with a cloth and leave in a warm spot to rise to double its volume (I put my bowl in the laundry, on top of the tumble drier while it's drying the laundry).
  3. Roll out on a floured surface
  4. Add some pasta sauce (I use All Joy- 99% fat-free :-)) and lots of garlic and smear
  5. Add your choice of toppings



6. Bake at about 220 degrees for about 15 minutes



7. Enjoy







This weekend I made focaccia too.


I brushed the dough with extra virgin olive oil, smeared with garlic and added some coarse salt. And it tastes delicious! I might just put Mimmo's out of business :)






No comments:

Post a Comment