Pages

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Weekend cooking - oatmeal drop cookies

  • Warning - your friends and neighbours will love you forever once you make these.

    For a quick, cheap Christmas present, I made a batch, packaged them in see-through plastic containers, tied a big green bow, attached Christmas tags and handed them out to my 5 colleagues at work.



Ingredients
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup margarine
1 egg
1/3 cup milk - I use about a cup but I add slowly until I can see the consistency is right
1 1/2 cup sifted flour
1 1/2 cup quick oatmeal
1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon - I use a tablespoon because I loooove cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt
½ - ¾ cup raisins or mixed fruit (optional)


Method

  • You already know that I premix the dry ingredients. So.
  • Melt the butter in the microwave with a sheet of roller towel on the top so you don't mess.
  • Cream. (Beat with a hand mixer if you also don't have strong arms like me).
  • Add the dry ingredients and the egg.
  • Combine, yada yada, you know the rest of the story.
  • Grease your baking sheets.
  • These are drop cookies. Take a teaspoon full of the dough and place on baking sheet.
  • Allow for space to spread during the baking process.
  • Flatten them out a little bit with the back of the teaspoon and some water.
  • Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes. I suggest that you check them so that they don't start burning around the edges like some of mine did.


Yields about 50.

No comments:

Post a Comment