Pages

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Sauce for pasta and baked potatoes

I like to make this sauce and freeze it in individual servings for the nights when I have coaching appointments.

I then quickly cook some pasta or bake some potatoes, top with this sauce and grate some cheese on top.

I will post a picture after we have it this week...

Ingredients
160g onion (1 medium onion)
120g spinach
635g tomato, chili & onion mix (about 1 1/2 cans)
70g mushrooms
200g cooked chickpeas/ lentils/ kidney beans
salt, pepper, 1 tsp curry powder (for a bit of kick)

You can use any amount of vegetables - this is what I had on hand so that's why the quantities are a bit odd.

Fry the onions, add spinach and mushrooms and add the tomato last.
Then add the cooked legumes of your choice (I used chickpeas) and cook together.

This amount of vegetables made 6 servings.

1 serving = 0.5 low fat protein + 2 veg portions on Weigh-Less.

Serve on a 180g baked potato with 20g grated cheese and you have 2 complex carbs and 1 medium fat protein serving.

Serve on 140g pasta with 20g grated cheese and you also have 2 complex carbs and 1 medium fat protein serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment