Pages

Monday, May 23, 2011

Weekend cooking - Easy Focaccia


I saw this focaccia recipe in a Weigh-Less recipe book.

Pizza base
280 g cake flour
1 ¼ tsp baking powder
50 ml oil
½ tsp salt
150 ml low fat milk

Topping
5 ml olive oil
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
1 tsp dried rosemary, chopped
½ tsp salt

Preheat oven to 180 degrees and spray the baking tray with Spray and Cook.
Sift dry ingredients together.
Add the oil, milk and mix.
Roll out the dough until 35cm in diameter and press into pan.
Brush with oil, sprinkle with garlic, rosemary and salt.
Bake until golden brown.

I found that the mixture was a bit dry so I had to add some more milk. I could have even added more oil.




before it went into the oven



As you can see, I didn’t have a round pan that was suitable so I just used my normal biscuit pan.

And here's the end result!

I plan to take this with me when people invite us out to supper. Of course, I'll make a nice neat one - trim edges and so forth.

No comments:

Post a Comment