Pages

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Apricot chicken

I love cooking and baking (mainly because I like eating!) but I don't like to spend a lot of time in the kitchen. I really like seeing a short list of ingredients :)

This is a recipe from Kin's blog. It is so easy and is yummy - even Dion likes it and he doesn't generally like fruit in food (like you, Annie)!

Ingredients
800g skinless chicken with bones (this time I used boneless and it's not as nice)
1 pkt brown onion soup
1 tin apricots with juice

Here's how you do it:
  • Pre-heat your oven to about 180 degrees
  • Rinse the chicken and place in an oven-proof casserole dish
  • Sprinkle the brown onion soup all over the chicken
  • Then pour the apricots all over the chicken. I like to open the can, and slice the apricots haphazardly with a sharp knife while still in the can. That's why some of them look mangled :)
Cook uncovered in oven for about 35 - 40 minutes and serve with mashed potato or rice and a vegetable.

It is yummy and is now one of our favourite dishes.

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment