Pages

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Pancakes


Pancakes are one of my my favourite desserts.

They're so easy to make and the only thing that prevents me from making them more often is the frying. Have I mentioned that I'm impatient? I have absolutely no interest in standing at the stove frying - Dion has to wash dishes so we can talk otherwise I'm not interested.

Ingredients

1 of everything! Literally.

For the two of us, I use 2 measures.

  • 2 cups flour (if you want to be healthy, you can use wholewheat flour. Honestly, plain white flour is best)
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 cups water/ milk (I do half of each)

Mix well


Pour into a jug for easier pouring (and less mess). I said less not no mess :)



Fry in very little oil (you only need to add more oil after every 3 - 4 pancakes).


Sprinkle liberally with cinnamon sugar/ spread with apricot jam and dot with just a few drops of lemon juice before enjoying hot with a nice cup of tea. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment