4 cups plain flour
4 tablespoons white sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup margerine, softened
1 cup buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees/ 190 degrees Celsius.
- Lightly grease a large baking sheet.
- In a large bowl, mix all the dry ingredients.
- Stir in the egg and buttermilk.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead.
- Form dough into a round and place on baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes (mine only needed 20 minutes!).