Pages

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Barb's pumpkin cookies

I'm so glad Barb put a list of all her recipes in the sidebar. I love anything pumpkin (of course, with cinnamon) so I decided to try this one out.

1/2 cup butter
1 cup canned pumpkin
1 cup sugar
1 egg, slightly beaten
1 teaspoon milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Microwave butter for thirty seconds to melt.
In a large bowl with a spoon mix together pumpkin, sugar, melted butter, beaten egg, milk and vanilla.
In a separate bowl, mix dry ingredients.
Add to pumpkin mixture and mix by hand until smooth.
Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto cookie sheet, about 1 1/2 inches apart. I love that they're drop cookies!!!
Bake 10 to 12 minutes, just until bottoms are slightly brown.

Tip #1: do not overbake.
Tip #2: these cookies will seem dry when you first bake them. Here's the secret. After they've completely cooled, store them in an airtight plastic container at room temperature overnight. (I use ziplock plastic storage containers.) You'll be amazed how moist they are the next day. And after that it's fine to put them in your cookie jar. They'll stay moist.

Mine weren't dry at all and I baked them for 10 minutes in my too-hot oven.

Both Dion and I LOVED these - it gets 10 out of 10 from me!

Of the 30 the recipe yielded, there are only 4 left! I actually intended to take some to work but I'll have to make another batch next weekend.



post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment