Pages

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Pumpkin Spiced Muffins

I know I said I wouldn't bake muffins for awhile but I had a lot of pumpkin and it's been cold here which is perfect baking weather!

I found the link to this recipe on a blog somewhere, added it to my Blog Recipes to Try list which is in my Household Organising File. The original comes from http://www.freequickrecipes.com/.

Ingredients
1/3 cup butter or margerine
1 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1 cup pumpkin
1/4 cup milk
2 cups flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp ginger
1/4 tsp ground cloves
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp baking soda (bicarb)

Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C)
  2. In a large bowl, cream butter with brown sugar
  3. Beat in eggs, then pumpkin and milk
  4. In a small bowl combine flour, baking powder, spices, salt and baking soda (bicarb)
  5. Add to the creamed mixture
  6. Bake for 20 - 25 minutes
And this is the beautiful and tasty result....it smells absolutely delicious when it's baking

What do you do when you have to use up something in your kitchen?


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment