Pages

Monday, April 4, 2011

Potato Omelettes - don't scrunch up that face until you try it

I first heard about potato omelettes from an ex-boyfriend's mother who made it as a quick lunch one day when I was over there.

And I loved it.

This is how I do them:

Ingredients
  • Eggs
  • Milk
  • Potato
  • Onion
  • Mushrooms
  • Tomato

(this particular day I had no vegetables other than tomatoes, but my preference is for everything)

Start off by pricking the potato with a fork about 6 - 8 times (I like to be thorough) and then microwaving it/ them for about 10 minutes. When I do two, it takes 10 minutes in my 1000 watt microwave.

Cut them into 5mm slices.

Put just a pat of margerine in the pan (this is also not the usual pan I use - you'll see what happens later) and lightly fry the onions, mushrooms, tomatoes and potatoes, with your choice of spices (salt and pepper).


Add the egg mixture.



Now here's what happens when you don't use the pan you actually want to use. The egg started sticking and I had to just flip without worrying about keeping it all nice and neat, in one piece.

It actually doesn't matter because the taste is great!

So you flip the thing to make sure it's cooked on both sides because there's nothing worse than runny egg - ugh!!!


This particular day we had this for a quick Friday supper so I piled it on slices of warm wholewheat toast and polished the whole lot off.


Yummy! (in fact, I'm so hungry I have to go find something to eat right now!)

Do you have any interesting omelette combinations?

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment