Pages

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Sweetcorn and potato bake

Ingredients
  • About 4 - 6 medium potatoes
  • 1/2 onion
  • Mushrooms (I use about 4 - 6 button mushrooms - use more or less, as you like)
  • 1 can creamed sweetcorn
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • Any spices that take your fancy (I like some dried chili)
(Can you see I'm very free and easy in the kitchen? It's the only place where I'm totally flexible :))

  • Wash the potatoes and dice into smallish pieces.
  • Add cut onion (have I told you before how I LOVE cutting onion? There's nothing like a nice sharp knife slicing an onion!) and mix it all up.
  • Add sliced mushrooms and mix.
  • Add spices, salt and pepper
  • Add about 1/4 cup of water
  • Microwave for about 8 - 10 mins (that's in my 1000 watt microwave) until potatoes are almost soft
  • Add the can of sweetcorn and mix it all up (I like to add more pepper at this point)
  • Microwave for a further 2 - 3 mins until all the flavours mix

If you want to be really decadent, grate some cheese on the top!

Yummy :)

Serve with chicken and a salad








post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment