Pages

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Victoria's Apricot Crumble


The lovely Victoria made these "healthy biscuits" for us when we stayed with them in London. Delicious!

Since Dion also liked them (and he generally hates ANY cooked fruit), I got the recipe and made these this afternoon.

Ingredients
300g wholewheat self-raising flour
100g oats
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp baking powder
175g castor sugar (I used normal)
200g butter
1 egg
2 tablespoons milk
400 g dried apricots, softened with some warm water and then drained ( I used tinned apricots and drained the liquid)
zest of 1 orange

Method
Preheat oven to 200 degrees C.
Rub butter into all the dry ingredients until it looks like crumbs



Divide the mixture in half and set aside one half.
To the other half, add the egg and milk, combine and press firmly into a greased baking tray

Finely chop (or roughly, if you're lazy like I am) the moistened apricots and add the zest.

Spread the apricot mix over the base and then top with the other half of the crumble mix (I reserved about 2 T of the apricot juice and added it to the crumble mix)



I put a bag over my hand to keep my hands clean. See? It doesn't only work for meat :)
Pat down firmly.

Bake for 35 mins or until golden browm. I have a hot oven so I baked mine for 30 minutes; the last 10 minutes covered with tin foil)

Enjoy!

post signature


No comments:

Post a Comment